Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The Second Amendment

I got curious, so I did something crazy. I googled "repeal second amendment". 

What came up made me both laugh and snort furiously at my computer.

Here I give you six opinion pieces: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6.

I'll let you read them and make your own assumptions, but here's my opinion on the matter. 

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

What part of "the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed" don't people understand? It wasn't meant for only militias, it wasn't meant for only hunters, and it is NOT an outdated, archaic clause in an otherwise brilliant piece of work.

2 comments:

K Dean said...

Hey! Sarah has a place where I can "follow" her blogs. You don't. Fix it so I can follow you. Please. :)

K Dean said...

nevermind, I got it!